Have you been looking for the best speakers for Echo Dot and are unable to decide which one is right? We know how hard that can be, given there are so many options to choose from. So instead of spending hours going over speakers that may or may not be effective, we have done the reviewing for you.
Our reviews contain only the essential information, such as the features, pros, and cons. We also have here a buyer’s guide to help you find out what to buy. Like the reviews, we provide as much information as possible here.
If you look for Echo Dot speakers online, you’re going to come across a lot of products claiming to be the right one. But we know that is not the case at all, since the quality varies among these products. You also need to account for your specific needs, as what works for you may not for another. Here are some tips:
- Versatility: look for speakers that you can place in different locations. The more versatile the speaker, is the more you will get out of it.
- Audio quality: this does not need a lot of explanation. Look for a speaker with a deep bass, minimal static, and a rich sound.
- Portability: large, bulky speakers are impractical, so go for a compact speaker that you can take and place anywhere.
- Durability: you should never place the speaker where it might suffer damage. But it is better to get a speaker that is built with durability in mind. Many of these speakers are waterproof to some extent, providing peace of mind.
- Ease of use: how easy is the speaker to set up? Can you fine tune the controls? What management options are available?
- Warranty: how long is the speaker’s warranty? What is the extent of the coverage?
- Brand reputation: buy only from reputable companies is necessary to ensure you get a quality product.
These are the top concerns for buyers, but there are other factors that you may want to look into as well. For instance, are there any other functions you want the speakers to perform? While these devices are mainly for music, they can also be used to enhance the functionality of your Echo Dot. Knowing what to look for is going to make things easier for you.
All-New Echo Dot 2nd Generation SoundLink Mini II Pearl
The Echo Dot 2 SoundLink is built for those who want their Echo Dot to have full functionality and power. It comes with a lot of features, but the most important is that the SoundLink has exceptionally good sound. Its deep bass is complemented by its clarity and it is also easy to use.
The speaker is lighter than others in its range, plus it is wireless, so you’ll be able to access the music whenever and wherever you want. We also have to add that it’s a good thing it has a speakerphone included. By using the speakerphone, you’ll be able to accept calls hands-free.
The Echo Dot system does a bit of everything: it can set alarms, read the news for you, and control smart devices. It relies on Alexa to play music and does so very well. Since Echo Dot is voice controlled, your hands are free.
You can hook up SoundLink to connect to Bluetooth. It is compatible with headphones and speakers, and both provide quality audio. The device plays music from TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
The Echo Dot SoundLink gives you full control over sprinklers, garage doors, thermostats, light fixtures, fans, and switches. The SoundLink is also compatible with the most popular brands such as Samsung SmartThings, Philips Hue, WeMo, and many others. With its large sound and bass, you get more value for your money.
- The SoundLink Mini II Pearl has deep bass and anti-distortion, so the audio is clear.
- The speaker sports a compact design so you can bring the music with you.
- There is a speakerphone built in so you can accept calls.
- This Echo Dot 2nd generation system provides great functionality for playing music and performing other functions.
- You can connect the SoundLink to headphones or speakers for immersive listening.
- Deep bass
- Speakerphone included
- Not as loud as other speakers
The SoundLink is a well-made speaker and works very well with the Echo Dot. The bass is deep and it is easy to set up. With its full range of functions and capabilities, it is easy to give our recommendation to the SoundLink.
Meidong iChocolate Bluetooth Speakers
The Meidong Speakers come packed with plenty of features, not the least of which is its clear audio. The four passive radiators and 5W give the Meidong a crisp sound with decent bass. The fact that it is portable makes it even more practical to use.
One of its strengths is Bluetooth compatibility, and this is evident the moment you use it. The speaker works with iOS tablets and smartphones as well. In just three seconds, the speaker links up to your mobile, and with a distance of 30 feet means you can move around freely.
The speaker comes with an HD microphone and a 3.5 mm audio cable. Using this, you’ll be able to listen to music just the way you want and accept hands-free calls anytime. Its multi-mode connection works seamlessly and makes it easy to manage your music.
A good speaker needs to be portable, and we can say for certain that the Meidong is. This is the kind of speaker that you can carry around in the beach, while traveling and when you’re on the go.
The speaker has a charging cable, and it does not take too long to power it up. Its audio cable is well designed and it has an 18-month warranty as well. The instructions are also easy to follow.
- The Meidong set has 4 passive radiators and 5W speakers, providing rich sound.
- The device is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0. It takes only three seconds to link to your iOS device with a distance of 30 feet.
- The package includes the speaker, the user guide, 3.5 mm audio cable and USB charging cable.
- The Meidong is very portable, making it easy to carry around if you want to take the music somewhere else.
- The speaker allows for hands-free calls so you’ll be more comfortable using it.
- Great sound quality.
- Multiple connection options.
- Bass isn’t as deep as other speakers.
The Meidong is one of the better speakers we have seen. The sound quality is very good and it is easy enough for a first timer to use. For beginners and Echo Dot buffs these speakers are worth checking out.
AmazonBasics Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
AmazonBasics manufactures a lot of products that rival those of more expensive brands. A good example is this speaker. Once linked to your Echo Dot, you will notice the difference in terms of sound quality, bass, and tone.
This is a 100% compatible Bluetooth speaker, and it is wireless so it won’t get entangled in wires or cables. It has a maximum distance of 33 feet so range won’t be an issue either. It is this combination of sound quality and range that makes the device suitable for podcasts, streaming music, and other functions for your Bluetooth devices.
The 2.5-watt speakers provide excellent sounds: it is clear, crisp, and with no distortion even if the volume is set too high. The speaker also has good bass that distinguishes it from the cheaper speakers.
The speaker works well with Bluetooth devices, and that says a lot about its design quality. It is also equipped with a 3.5 mm aux in jack so you can link it to non-Bluetooth devices. Whether it is Bluetooth or not, you still get excellent sounds.
We also have to add that the speaker has a rechargeable battery that is optimized to run for up to 8 hours when charged. Once you have charged the speaker, you can take it with you since it is very light.
Whether it is for music, hands-free calls, or the microphone, the AmazonBasics will suit your needs.
- The AmazonBasics come with a microphone built in so you can conduct hands-free phone calls.
- The speaker has a rechargeable battery which is good for up to 8 hours.
- The speaker packs a lot of features but it is lightweight, allowing you to carry it anywhere you want.
- The speaker comes with a microphone for hands-free calls.
- It also has a couple of 2.5-watt speakers for excellent sounds.
- Good sound quality.
- Easy to operate.
- Durable built.
- Charging takes a bit of time
AmazonBasics is not as fancy as other speakers, but it gets the job done as far as sound quality goes. It is well-designed and the consistently good audio are the reasons why it earns a place in our review.
Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Speaker
The OontZ Speaker uses the patented passive bass radiator design for optimum audio quality. Adding to the excellent sound quality are its acoustic drivers. You will hear the difference as the speaker has a more powerful sound and deeper bass. Even if it is not as large as other speakers, the sound quality is on par with them.
The OontZ speaker maintains its consistency even when the volume is at maximum level. True to its claim, the speaker is portable, so you can carry it in your car, the kitchen, parties, the dorm, or wherever you want to go. Speaking of music, you can use the OontZ to listen to Spotify and Pandora.
The speaker also has a water resistance rating of IPX5. What this means is the speaker can withstand water sprays, rain, and splashing without suffering any damage. The speaker is also dust proof and sand proof, so you can take this on the beach and still get good, clear audio.
One of the most frequent criticisms with these speakers is their fragility. Well that’s not the case here since the OontZ is capable of handling gentle rain and splashing. The device uses a 2200 mAh battery and is good for up to 12 hours fully charged.
The speaker is comfortable to use, with no sharp edges so it is more comfortable to use. It also comes with a 3.5 mm audio cable and a micro USB charging cable for your convenience.
- The OontZ sports the Angle 3 design for optimum sound quality.
- The OontZ is compatible with popular mobile devices and only needs a few seconds to connect to Bluetooth devices.
- The speaker weighs only 10 ounces, so you can carry this with you anytime.
- The OontZ has an IPX5 water resistance level so its performance won’t get affected by rain.
- The speaker is made from durable, heavy duty materials, allowing you to use it for long term use.
- Consistently good audio.
- No distortion even at loud volume.
- Made from durable materials.
- Carry case is separately sold.
The SoundWorks OontZ has the features you would expect from a quality speaker for the Echo Dot. It is wireless, portable, and the audio quality is really good.
AOMAIS Sport II Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
The AOMAIS Sport II comes with 20W stereo sound, so you get a deep, rich bass and clear distinct sounds. The bass is properly balanced and you can hook this up to another AOMAIS Bluetooth speaker for an even more immersive listening experience.
The speaker has an IPX7 waterproof rating, meaning it’s not going to get damaged by a bit of rain or water splashing. The speaker is also dust and sand proof so you can take this with you wherever you go. The speaker is also wireless so you won’t get entangled in any cables, allowing you to just enjoy the music.
The AOMAIS speaker offers full compatibility with Bluetooth 4.2 so you’ll be able to use it with your other devices. The speaker works seamlessly with the iPhone, iPod, and iPad as well as HTC and Samsung.
Its wireless connectivity is good for several feet and its 15-watt full range drivers provide a rich, clear sound along with a deep bass. You can pair two speakers without a problem. It also comes with a rechargeable battery that will last up to 8 hours with the volume at 60%.
The speaker comes with a lot of features and it is also easy to use. More than anything else, the speaker is built for long term use and has a 12-month warranty.
- The speaker comes with a micro USB charger, aux in cable, user guide, and all the features necessary to get the speaker up and running.
- There is a rechargeable battery so you can keep the device running for hours on end when fully charged.
- The speaker is made from heavy duty materials so it will last a long time.
- With its 20W power, you get a more powerful sound with no distortion.
- The speaker is designed with full compatibility for mobile devices so it’s more convenient to use.
- A bit lacking in low bass frequency.
- No fancy features.
The AOMAIS is a well-rounded speaker that provides a bit of everything. The sound quality is exceptionally good, and it is an ideal speaker for anyone who wants to get maximum performance from their Echo Dot.
The Echo Dot is an amazing device that goes far in terms of home automation, controlling the temperature and more. In the case of music, however, you will need speakers to make sure that the sound comes out right.
It’s no secret that a lot of people who buy Echo Dot use it for music management, but it can only go so far if you don’t have the right speakers. Companies are aware of this and that’s why there are now a lot of these speakers meant for the Echo Dot. But as you may already know, not all speakers are made equal.
That is the purpose of this review guide, to give you the best speakers for your Echo Dot. If you made it this far, you will notice that the reviews are detailed without being technical. We made sure that this review guide is comprehensive while still being accessible. This applies not just to the reviews but the buying guide as well.
You will notice that we did not pick one particular product as the winner. The fact is they are all good, but you need to choose one that’s suited to your needs.